Each of the brothers in the Bhagavad Gita symbolizes something. The oldest of the Pandava brothers, Yudhisthira, is sybolic of the 5th chackra.
Factoids about Yudisthira:
- Yudhisthira means "firm in battle" or could also mean "faith and confidence", and could be interpreted as "hanging in there" even when disengagement would be more prudent.
- Yudishtira is the son of Kunti and the god Dharma (also called Yama), the god of Justice.
- Yudishtira is teh embodiment of virtue and purity, but is not shrewd.
- The 5th chackra is called Vishuddha Chackra. Vishuddha means "pure".
- The 5th chackra is in the throat.
- Ether element is seated at Vishuddha Chackra
- The related sensory level of Vushuddha is sound, auditory sense.
- The bija mantra is "ham"
- The 16 petals of the chakra correspond to vowel sounds
- am (soft)
- am (strong)
- im (soft) Nisada Hum (exorcise)
- im (strong) Risabha Phat (emotional exorcism)
- um (strong) Gandharva Vausat (sacrificial call)
- um (for all) Madhyama Svadha (self determination)
- rim Dhai vata Svaha (hail, blessing)
- rim Pancama Vina (poison)
- lrim Sa Amrita (nectar)
- m (am)
- h (aha)
- (anusvara, the nasal element)
- (visarga, the aspirate element)
|Letter||प्||Pronunciation||Pronunciation with /p/||IAST equiv.||ITRANS equiv.||English equivalent (GA unless stated otherwise)|
|अ||प||/ɐ/ or /ə/||/pɐ/ or /pə/||a||a||short near-open central vowel or schwa: u in bunny or a in about|
|आ||पा||/ɑː/||/pɑː/||ā||A||long open back unrounded vowel: a in father (RP)|
|इ||पि||/i/||/pi/||i||i||short close front unrounded vowel: e in england|
|ई||पी||/iː/||/piː/||ī||I||long close front unrounded vowel: ee in feet|
|उ||पु||/u/||/pu/||u||u||short close back rounded vowel: oo in foot|
|ऊ||पू||/uː/||/puː/||ū||U||long close back rounded vowel: oo in cool|
|ऋ||पृ||/ɻ/||/pɻ/||ṛ||R||short retroflex approximant: r in burl|
|ॠ||पॄ||/ɻː/||/pɻː/||ṝ||RR||long retroflex approximant r in burl|
|ऌ||पॢ||/ɭ/||/pɭ/||ḷ||LR||short retroflex lateral approximant (no English equivalent)|
|ॡ||पॣ||/ɭː/||/pɭː/||ḹ||LRR||long retroflex lateral approximant|
|ए||पे||/eː/||/peː/||e||e||long close-mid front unrounded vowel: a in bane (some speakers)|
|ऐ||पै||/əi/||/pəi/||ai||ai||a long diphthong: i in ice, i in kite (Canadian English)|
|ओ||पो||/oː/||/poː/||o||o||long close-mid back rounded vowel: o in bone (some speakers)|
|औ||पौ||/əu/||/pəu/||au||au||a long diphthong: Similar to the ou in house (Canadian English)|
- Yudhisthira represents faith and also purity.
- In Gyan yoga (the path of knowledge and study), he corresponds to Shraddha, faith and confidence.